Restart Grant Plus
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED A RESTART GRANT, DO NOT APPLY AGAIN. WE HAVE SENT YOU AN EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS.
Westmeath County Council has been charged with administering the Restart Grant Plus on behalf of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. The Restart Grant Plus is a key part of the government’s July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures designed to stimulate a jobs-led recovery and build economic confidence while continuing to manage the impact of Covid-19.
Key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme are as follows:
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed
- Grant amount has increased substantially. Minimum grant is now €4,000 and maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively
- Medium sized companies now eligible Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees)
- Increased eligibility Non-rateable B&Bs, sports clubs with commercial activities and trading charity shops are now eligible
To qualify for the Restart Grant Plus, the important criteria are:
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland);
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020;
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m;
- It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
To apply for the Restart Grant Plus, click here.
For further information on the Restart Grant Plus, click here.